Sunday, November 4, 2007

No Water

Well interesting how we take the wet stuff for granted in the UK here we are in St Lucia, the water has been off for 3 days due to two things;

1. the people who are building the road broke the pipe and took out the water meter with their JCB thingy a week ago, the water board WASCO have done nothing about it with water running down the gully at the side of the road DURR!!*** And they keep on TV ‘save water, we don’t have much’ etc.

2. The water pump which is the only way the water goes around the house is broken!


The tanks that we have, four of them, two for WASCO pumped water which are now empty and two for the rainwater collection off the roof. I have now discovered the delights of bathing and washing hair in rainwater, no need for conditioner, well it was great until the pump died. The rain clouds blow in straight off the Atlantic Ocean so I guess its pure-ish apart from loads of pollutants which I am sure someone will tell me about. We drink it but I do filter it and put it in prill beads and cosmic stones.

So for now we have no water apart from a big swimming pool and a couple of litres for drinking, not really dire I know but still makes me really grateful for what we have so easily in the UK.

No comments: