Thursday, November 1, 2007

Rain, RIP Mr Mouse, Books and food

Rain

Well I will say no more about the monsoon weather we seem to be getting, I consider we have been lucky compared to the Bahamas with tropical storm Noel which is now progressing up to hurricane level, possibly later today.

We are very lucky here and I have only once experienced a hurricane, it was in 1999, but to be honest I was in the gym when the worst of it passed through, It was only when I came out when walking home that I became aware that it was a hurricane! I had gone into the gym and there was high winds, a bit stormy, when I came out there was debris lying around, and everything looked like it had been dragged though the hedge backwards, the seas were really rough with waves which reached right through the beach front hotels dining and lobby area’s. Worst was for a couple of weeks we couldn’t swim in the sea because of all the rubbish and branches around.

Mice

A little mouse came in and died in the chair this week…. RIP


Books

With all of this bad weather I have got stuck in to finishing a children’s story which I am writing, I wrote it a couple of years ago and have meant to do something with it, finally I am getting it finished and it will be ready for launch in a few weeks as an e-book download.

I have also been reading a book by Mark Silver ‘unveiling the heart of your business’
I really love this book because it explains in detail how money, marketing and sales can deepen your heart, heal the world, and still add to your bottom line. If you would like to read about him here is the link http://www.heartofbusiness.com/


Training and raw foods

Training is going well, I am much fitter than when I arrived on the Island, although I have not been able to weigh myself my clothes are looser so I must be losing the inches. My diet is so simple made up of a little fruit, coconut water and sometimes the meat inside. Every day my diet includes some of the following; Lettuce, tomatoes, spinach cucumbers, avocado’s, chard and about three times a week I have a little steamed rice or some root vegetable. Every day I use extra virgin olive oil, raw coconut oil, seeds and almonds, I also take some sunrider super foods, it feels easy to do and my body is very happy. I only drink water now or coconut juice, as juicing fruits was too strong for me. At the moment the liquidiser has broken so that also plays a part. I wouldn't mind some raw chocolate though!

Bernie is eating well and has joined a gym with no air con! Thats a hard one for him and he tries to go before it gets too hot.


Thats all for now folks,

Love Caro

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Caro and Bernie,

Thank you so much- I'm so thrilled that you are enjoying the book, and I'm touched that you were moved to blog about it.

If you have any questions, or anything I can support you with, please just ask.

Mark

Bernie and Caro Des-Rivieres said...

How cool is that, how did you know I had blogged about the book Mark? I am also enjoying the audio downloads too!
I will contact you soon

with love Caro