Monday, October 15, 2007

But what do you eat?

OK so a lot of local people here are finding it a bit of a struggle to imagine what I am eating as I eat no fish, meat, dairy or wheat. Also the majority of what I do eat is raw, probably around 90%. Many people are interested in the whole idea of health as an option now, but are struggling with their addictions, they feel that they cannot give up eating some of the things they are used to because they will feel deprived. It’s a tricky one for sure and of course like everything simple to talk about and in practice it can bring up loads of emotional and physical challenges, but I feel like I am on a journey of discovery about what works for and supports me in what I am doing. For me what I put in my body is interesting as I explore the dynamics of being human! For support and education on the growing raw food movement check out my links, more will be added soon.

To give you an idea this is what I had yesterday

2 litres of filtered energised water
The juice of 2 jelly coconuts
The meat of one
2 sunrider sunbars
1 sunrider vitashake
2 small sweet potatoes
Double serving of spinach
1 white aubergine
Handful of mixed seeds mixed in olive oil (sunflower, sesame)
½ teaspoon of sea salt
1 pint of green juice

The sweet potato, aubergine and spinach I lightly steamed for 2 minutes

I have now just got a blender and small food processor so I will be now going 100% raw and juicing rather than steaming.

The sunrider products I find have helped me enormously and are considered raw, they are full of live enzymes and my body loves them! I am enjoying all the fruits but I am also aware that too much sugar from the fruits makes me feel tired, but its OK if I work it off by exercise. I have heard some of my friends mention the same thing too.
As soon as the clouds go I am going to make some flax crackers and sun dry them. I also have some really beautiful red peppers, which I am going to eat today.

No comments: