Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Raw Almonds

Some of you will know about the raw almonds issue with American almonds, the labelling of pasteurised as raw and the unnecessary decision in my view to pasteurise all almonds. For those of us who believe in food choice and want to eat our almonds raw we may still be able to do something to stop the continuing violation of our rights, I really don’t want to give up on this one. I find it deplorable that I am not given the correct info on what I am choosing to eat. To be able to buy almonds labelled as raw when they have been pasteurised is just not on in my book. Plus the fact it seems a ridicules thing to do to the almond, whoever heard of anyone getting ill eating raw almonds? Salmonella from chickens yes, but almonds?

Apparently two people did…………once

I got sick eating a duff sandwich from a shop when I used to eat that sort of thing, and I believe not so long ago several hundred people got sick on a cruise, and loads were ill who went on a holiday that my friend took. The point being that I don’t think almonds are a major player here in creating sickness..do you?

Anyway go to this link to read more about it and sign the campaign to save our almonds.

I'm really mad now :-)

Blessings
love Caroline and Bernie

No comments: