Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Sun blessed foods


I feel so lucky at the abundance of food here in St Lucia, I bought a big bunch of watercress and made a delicious simple salad with it today, I added grated carrot, tomatoes and sunflower seeds as a topping. I had half of it for my lunch, I am going to finish the rest of it tonight. I am getting so much enjoyment playing with simple combo’s of foods and my body feels great. Working out every day is paying off as well, today we walked further again up into the hills, we were gone around two hours and I am guessing how high but I recon around 5-600 feet up and down twice. Turning for home around 8 a.m. we had walked a little way, I was just thinking, ‘Oops we have come so far I wish I had bought some food with me, I don’t know if I can make it all the way back without eating something.’ (We still had some punishing hill work to do.) Bernie suddenly says "look there are some ripe guavas over there" and proceeds to pick them for me. Thanks to those precious little fruits I made it home OK. It sounds a bit dramatic but the heat is intense I find it tough on the hills unless fruited or sunridered up!

No comments: