Thursday, October 11, 2007

Early morning runs or staggering up the hill!

After taking a day off the early morning exercise yesterday as the rain was falling in torrents all night and well into the daylight hours, I mean a lot of rain the swimming pool was overflowing almost, we went out this morning turning right up the hill rather than left and the easy option of down the hill☺

To give you an idea of the walk, or staggering climb it felt more like at times, a car had stopped to pick up a passenger and as he started to try to pull away the back wheels just spun, I know the road is not made up for a lot of the way but this bit was and only just a small bit of gravel under the wheels! You can imagine I was puffing and stopping at various intervals on the way. It was sooooo worth it though as we climbed about 300 feet up from the house the view was amazing, I could see a small beach in the distance maybe 2 miles as the crow flies, we are planning a day hike to go visit.

I was discussing with Bernie about the trip and it struck me as interesting the difference in how we all see differently, I was remarking that I would set off taking provisions and just go in the direction and see what happens and if I didn’t get there and ended up somewhere else try again another day, for me it was the journey, the discovery which was fun, getting to the beach would be a surprise and I would know that one day I would get there but maybe also have a whole load of other experiences. Bernie on the other hand said he would first get a car sort out the route know how to get there how long it would take and then go for it.
I have to say to remember that this is rugged country and he has a good point for safety.

I really enjoy the way we honour and respect each others way of seeing things often merging the two or just full on experiencing the other if we feel like a change, its great to be alive!

As my friend would say
one love

Caro xx

No comments: